Wednesday, December 3, 2014

French Linen Cabinet with Chicken Wire

Well, we made it just in time with this one! It's my last piece for Lucky Star Market. I just love this vintage cabinet that I found at a garage sale. It was one of those entertainment centers that had a stereo, record player and speakers. (I think it was circa 50's/60's).




My husband had to do quite a bit of work to get it how I wanted it to be. He did such a great job. I went to work with French Linen ASCP for this one. I love this color... it's such a rich grey. 


It's been "in the works" for awhile and it became one of the kids favorite place to play. I'm sure you can see why...



It was worth all the work. She looks beautiful now...


The two speaker compartments were the perfect excuse to use that wonderful chicken wire and some pretty white ruffled curtains...


Entertainment center... Buffet??? You name it... she has lots of potential and great storage space. I'll get dimensions and price up tomorrow on my Facebook page which you can find here.

My other little project with chicken wire was this one...
a vintage frame painted white with chicken wire and some Christmas decor.


 Here's one of the "vintage hostess sets" I did for market. I had kids and hot coco in mind :)


And the final thing I have to show you is a vintage light fixture that will also go to market. It's solid brass and was made in Spain. It got a coat of white paint and then distressed to show off the pretty design...


Well, now I'm moving on to all the packing that needs to get done... better get some coffee going! Hope you've gotten a good picture of what you will find in my booth. I'm looking forward to this event and hope to see you there.


Thanks for stopping by!

Linking To:
Mod Vintage Life ~ A Stroll Thru Life ~

18 Comments:

Blogger Robin Johnson said...

It so gorgeous now! You did an amazing job on it!

December 10, 2014 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Spectacular transformation!!! Love the box of coco fixings on top. Ooohlala, that chandelier is all sorts of gorgeous...well done!

December 11, 2014 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is awesome. I would love it if you would share this at my party on Welcome to the Woods Wednesday (backwoodsbabies.blogspot.com). It will be up a going on Tuesday evening. Hope to see you there.

Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

December 11, 2014 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger RusticOwlTreasures said...

Love that color and chicken wire!

December 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Beth@Makemeprettyagain.com said...

i'm kind of shocked you removed those tambour doors and replaced them with run of the mill doors to make it look like a cookie cutter buffet. smh

December 12, 2014 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger The Cottager said...

Thanks so much Robin.

December 14, 2014 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger The Cottager said...

Thank you... yes, the coco box was pretty fun to put together. I got great feedback on that at market and I think some people are going to take that idea and run with it this season :)

December 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger The Cottager said...

Thanks Sarah! I will have to stop for a visit this week at your party.

December 14, 2014 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger The Cottager said...

Thank you! I just love any excuse for chicken wire these days :)

December 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger The Cottager said...

Hi Beth. I get where you're coming from with the tambour doors... they are really great. I was concerned about the condition they were in, and being able to paint and wax them properly. While I don't mind the simplicity of the ones we made for it, I do understand that for some, it takes away from the look of this piece.

December 14, 2014 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a really nice makeover, I did like the originality of the doors, but I love the chicken wire and curtain look, too. The color is perfection!

Thanks for sharing this at Talented Tuesday link party! I can't wait to see what you share with us next!

December 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Jamie | anderson + grant said...

This is spectacular! I always love seeing furniture transformed and made beautiful again. Adding the chicken wire was a smart choice!

I'd love for you to share this at my link party! http://www.andersonandgrant.com/2014/12/your-turn-to-shine-link-party-12.html. My readers will love it. Merry Christmas!

December 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How did you do the chicken wire? I have nightstands with similar screening and I'd love to replace it with chicken wire as you did. Staple gun???

January 8, 2015 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger The Cottager said...

Hi Julia. I have an upholstery staple gun... so we cut the chicken wire to size and on the back of the wood cabinet we just stapled it on.

January 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger EXtreme Personal Fitness said...

Nice work. If I may ask, how much did you orginally pay for this vintage stereo at the garage sale? I know someone who needs to sell one very similar so we are trying to find out how much it is worth or valued.

August 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger EXtreme Personal Fitness said...

Nice work. If I may ask, how much did you orginally pay for this vintage stereo at the garage sale? I know someone who needs to sell one very similar so we are trying to find out how much it is worth or valued.

August 20, 2015 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Great French Kitchen Designs,Thanks for sharing
Kitchen Cabinet Design San Francisco

January 15, 2019 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Wcoast27 said...

What a Fantastic blog! This is full of information I cant wait to dig deep and start utilising the useful resource given by you. This is probably the best blog I came across today. This article have rich information. I want to share that If anyone planning for buying kitchen cupboard handles then Handles4u is the best choice for them.

May 17, 2019 at 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home